The coolest tool on the planet
- One of many web interfaces to a
- It’s a corporation, a website
- Efficient, open, generous, socially responsible, sustainable company
- Most pro-social company on the planet?
- Hosts static websites for free
- no database
- no python
- Renders popular file formats natively
- iPython notebooks
- JPG, PNG
- not PDF?
- Pull Requests!
difffile sent to
- Linus upset with
hg(Mercurial) and bitbucket (Atlassian)
- Started inching up his “subscription” plan for Linux
- Wouldn’t implement important security features
- friendly with sabatouers from Windows?
- Linus and LF put their minds together and built
gitin a week or two
- Built GitHub in a few months
- All Linux development happens on git
- Google just shut down Google Code in favor of GitHub
- Focussed on efficiency for the user
- helpful prompts when something goes wrong
- Thousands of 3rd party apps integrate with it
- You can deploy a complex application just by pushing to GitHub
Developers have a workflow like factory workers.
Your work must integrate with parts from others.
Your workflow is how you “play nice” with others.
You don’t need to worry about this.
hack-university is your playground to learn in.
- Flexibile tools, means lots of “workflow” options
- how you