The coolest tool on the planet
- One of many web interfaces to a
- It’s a corporation, a website
- Efficient, open, generous, socially responsible, sustainable company
- Most pro-social company on the planet?
Hosts static websites for free
- no database
- no python
Renders popular file formats natively
- iPython notebooks
- JPG, PNG
- not PDF?
diffto team and have them
- No Longer!!: Use GitHub API or website
- Comment on changes within code!
- Best/only way to do code review
Linus dispute with
hg(Mercurial) and bitbucket (Atlassian)
- BitBucket inching up his “subscription” plan
- Wouldn’t implement important security features
- Linux sabatouers/plants from Microsoft?
“Moral” of the Story
- Linux team put minds together and built
gitin a week
- “Friends” built GitHub in a few months
- All Linux development happens on git
- Google shut down Google Code in favor of GitHub
- Focussed on efficiency for the user
- Helpful prompts when something goes wrong
- Atlassian is tightly aligned with Microsoft and raking it in
Support GitHub Ecosystem
If you need to keep something private, pay GitHub for it.
Integrate it with travis, codeship, etc
- Thousands of 3rd party apps integrate with it
- You can deploy a complex application just by pushing to GitHub
Developers have a workflow like factory workers.
Your work must integrate with parts from others.
Your workflow is how you “play nice” with others.
You don’t need to worry about this.
hack-university is your playground to learn in.
- Flexibile tools, means lots of “workflow” options
- how you